Join, Renew, Donate or Purchase Items
Owning a Flying Scot has many advantages, one being an opportunity to join the Flying Scot Sailing Association (FSSA). We hope you will join us!
The Flying Scot Sailing Association (FSSA), founded in 1959, is one of the largest and strongest one-design sailing class associations in the world. Our strict adherence to the one design concept means that the Flying Scot built this year will remain compatible and competitive for years to come with newer as well as older boats. Owners of Flying Scots are assured that their boats will last for years, and its re-sale value will remain excellent. Also, the FSSA helps promote the Flying Scot which maintains the boats popularity and value.
What your membership delivers:
- You will receive our official color publication, Scots n' Water
- You are eligible to compete in district, regional, and national regattas.
- Access to our excellent website including electronic access to the latest issue of Scots n’Water, and other useful information – and, an open discussion forum.
- A strong class organization on the national, regional and local levels
- Discounted price for the newest revision of "Highlights of Scots n Water." This book is chock full of valuable information about the Flying Scot, its history, its riggings, its sailing, and its safety.
As a member of the FSSA, we encourage you to join a Flying Scot fleet near you. This is the best way to get involved with other Scot sailors, to have the best sailing experiences, and simply to have fun in sailing. If you need help in finding the closest fleet, feel free to call our Flying Scot Sailing Association at 1-800-445-8629 and ask for Courtney Waldrup.
How to Join or Renew Membership in FSSA
You have the choice – When using the Shopping Cart below, you can pay on line or mail in a check, it's your call.
- PAY ON LINE OPTION: Please note -while our payments are processed via PayPal, you have the option to pay by Credit Card, Debit Card or use your PayPal account
- Under the “CHOOSE WAY TO PAY” tab:
If you want to use a Credit or Debit Card, select the box immediately under the PayPal login and follow instructions
If you want to use funds already in a PayPal account, or pay through your PayPal account, then log into PayPal when prompted.
- MAIL-IN OPTION: If you prefer to mail your application, please click here to download a copy of the Membership Application that you can mail to FSSA with your Check for the appropriate Due
Donate to the Flying Scot Foundation - Check out our Flying Scot Foundation, a part of our organization dedicated to continuing the growth Flying Scot Sailing.
Must be one of the following:
Must be one of the following:
Individual belonging to a Club/Association which owns registered Flying Scots®.
|Club Registration Only||
This category is ONLY for recognized Clubs/Associations to register their owned Flying Scots.
A combination of one Active or Life Member and unlimited Family Members (spouse, sons, daughters, or legal wards of the family under the age of 23 (if out of school) or 24 (if still in school), and residing at the same address. Family Members who are spouses of Active or Life members may hold office and vote on FSSA matters
A person under the age of 19 who is a non-owner of a Flying Scot®. To be eligible to helm in the Junior North American Championship, that individual must not have reached his/her 19th birthday prior to the beginning of the event.
An individual who pays a one-time fee to become a lifetime member, and has the same privileges as an Active Member.
A non-owner who joins the FSSA because of any interest in the Class. A Sustaining Member shall not vote, hold office or represent a Fleet.
|FSSA Class Flag - White with Blue Logo + shipping||
FSSA Class Flag - White with Blue Logo including shipping
|FSSA Class Flag - Red with White Logo + shipping||
FSSA Class Flag - Red with White Logo inclduing shipping
|FSSA Burgee w/shipping||
FSSA Class Burgee 12" x 18" inclduing shipping
|FSSA Necktie w/shipping||
FSSA Necktie including shipping
|Highlights of Scots n' Water w/shipping||
Highlights of Scots n' Water including shipping
|FSSA Bumper Stickers w/shipping||
FSSA Bumper Stickers including shipping
|FSSA Blazer patches w/shipping||
FSSA Blazer patches including shipping
|Upgrade to Hard Copy of Scots n' Water||
If you chose the online only version of the magazine when you joined or renewed, you can upgrade to the hard copy version by choosing this option.
This is payment for a Classified Ad that you placed in our Caveat Emptor listing.
|FS Royalty Tags - 1 per sail||
To be class legal, each sail must have a Royalty Tag attached.