Adding a Hull Number

The state of Michigan now requires a hull number 'carved, burned, stamped, embossed or otherwise permanently affixed' to the transom. Because FS1925 was made before the mandated ID numbers, the state has assigned a number to me. I've seen plates advertised that can be engraved and screwed on the hull, but that hardly seems to satisfy the 'permantly affixed' requirement. Does anyone have a suggestion on how I should attach my new number to the hull?



Joe Samson