The following clubs/fleets from across the states of Virginia, Maryland, Delaware, and Pennsylvania comprise the Capital District.
- Fishing Bay Yacht Club (FBYC)/Fleet 103 – Deltaville, VA
- Greater Richmond Sailing Association (GRSA)/Fleet 155 – Swift Creek Reservoir, Midlothian, VA
- Lake of the Woods Sailing Club (LOWSC)/Fleet 160 – Locust Grove, VA
- Rappahannock River Yacht Club (RRYC)/Fleet 185 – Irvington, VA
- Rehoboth Bay Sailing Association (RBSA)/Fleet 206 – Dewey Beach, DE
- Sailing Club of Washington (SCOW)/Fleet 203 – Washington Sailing Marina, Alexandria, Virginia
- Selby Bay Sailing Center (SBSC)/Fleet 42 – Edgewater, MD
- Susquehanna Yacht Club (SYC)/Fleet 81 – Lake Clarke, Wrightsville, PA
- West River Sailing Club (WRSC)/Fleet 97 – Galesville, MD
The District Governor is Dave Beckett from the Sailing Club of Washington.
The district has a Facebook Group here.
In May, Virginia sailors Peter Patnaude and Rob Perera broke the world record for doublehanded dinghy distance sailing by sailing up the Chesapeake from Hampton to Baltimore and back and clocking 419 miles. Here are some particulars and insights that Peter shared with SpinSheet about the journey. - read the story here. Photo and story courtesy of SpinSheet
Lake of the Woods Sailing Club 37th ANNUAL INVITATIONAL - April 28, 2018 Wow! When LOWSC puts on their annual invitational they go all out for an awesome event. To start with their Southern hospitality is over the top as you couldn't find a friendlier or more inviting club. Everyone goes home well fed. They provided breakfast, lunches (optional with registration) and pizza after the awards ceremony. Everybody receives a souvenir picture of their boat.... Read More
Flying Scot ACC's - Another successful Flying Scot ACC's are in the books. Thirty boats participated in two divisions at Fishing Bay Yacht Club this past weekend. The competition was fierce as the results from Saturday were completely changed on Sunday that showed the talent in this highly competitive fleet. The Championship Division had 26 teams competing and the Challengers had 4 teams. We were blessed with great weather both days, excellent race management, incredible food... Read More
Fishing Bay Yacht Club in Deltaville, VA, held their 78th Annual One Design Regatta the weekend of 8/12-8/13/2017, with 20 boats entered in the Flying Scot division. Here are some photos of the Flying Scot winners from the event with a little explation from Julie Ann Walsh: First PLace Rob Whittemore Second Place John Buhl Third Place John Wake Hawkworth Trophy winner Rob Whittemore "... Read More