The following clubs/fleets from across the states of Virginia, Maryland, Delaware, and Pennsylvania comprise the Capital District.
- Fishing Bay Yacht Club (FBYC)/Fleet 103 – Deltaville, VA
- Greater Richmond Sailing Association (GRSA)/Fleet 155 – Swift Creek Reservoir, Midlothian, VA
- Lake of the Woods Sailing Club (LOWSC)/Fleet 160 – Locust Grove, VA
- Rappahannock River Yacht Club (RRYC)/Fleet 185 – Irvington, VA
- Rehoboth Bay Sailing Association (RBSA)/Fleet 206 – Dewey Beach, DE
- Sailing Club of Washington (SCOW)/Fleet 203 – Washington Sailing Marina, Alexandria, Virginia
- Selby Bay Sailing Center (SBSC)/Fleet 42 – Edgewater, MD
- Susquehanna Yacht Club (SYC)/Fleet 81 – Lake Clarke, Wrightsville, PA
- West River Sailing Club (WRSC)/Fleet 97 – Galesville, MD
The District Governor is Dave Beckett from the Sailing Club of Washington.
The district has a Facebook Group here.
2021 Capital District Championship Mills Jones, FS 5846 Greater Richmond Sailing Association (GRSA) Fleet 155 hosted the Capital District Championship Regatta October 2-3. Eight Scots registered for 2 days of racing on Swift Creek Reservoir. Friday evening, Regatta PRO Jerry Thompson facilitated a racing rules seminar for race participants and GRSA members with emphasis on Right of Way, Keeping Clear, and Proper Course. Saturday morning brought cool, fall temps and light... Read More
by Brian Giersch FS #3840 - photo credit to Krista & Michael Maddigan At this writing, a contingent of Boy Scouts and dads have boarded their fifty plus foot sailboat in the US Virgin Islands for a 10 day sailing adventure, known as "Sea Base". Several of the boys are Eagle Scouts and for some, it is their last Scouting activity, having graduated from high school and 'aged out' of Scouting. But, just thirty six hours ago, all but two had never been sailing before... Read More
Dave Beckett has been the Fleet Captain of Fleet 203 at the Sailing Club of Washington in the Capital District for many years. As he leaves that role and moves to another area and another fleet, Chip Lubsen from his club let us know about Dave’s many accomplishments over the years. I asked FSSA President Bill Dunham if there was a way that FSSA could recognize Dave and he agreed that we would do that. Here are just some of what Dave has done: Outstanding Ambassador for the Sailing... Read More
FIshing Bay Yacht Club hosted their 81st One Design regatta on August 8-9, 2020. There were 17 Flying Scots and lots of other fleets registered and they had a couple of great days of racing although they could have used a little more win on Sunday. On Satruday the winds were 10-15 and in Sunday 4-6. It is reported that this is a good outcome for an August weekend on mid-Chesapeake Bay. The club worked hard to make this happen, and in particular,... Read More