Forum Replies Created
-
AuthorPosts
-
FS4798
ParticipantCame back to this page — realized the pictures in previous append were not visible. Should be fixed now.
FS4798
ParticipantHi. Looks the same as the motor mount on my FS4798, dated 1992. A stainless steel bracket with a triangular piece at the bottom slides into the bottom pocket, then is secured by two brass bolts (with wing nuts) at the top.
The stainless steel bracket provides a stand-off for a thick (abt 1.5″) wooden board (made of 2 thinner boards), which is mounted so that it sits about 8″ behind the transom. A standard small outboard motor (I have a 2HP Yamaha, same vintage) then clamps onto that board.From the difference in dates between your boat and mine, Flying Scot must have used this arrangement for at least the decade of the 80s — probably longer. So I think that if you contact Flying Scot Inc they would recognize it, and perhaps can still deliver a motor bracket that will fit.
FS4798
ParticipantMy boat lives on its trailer under a “trailing/mooring cover” from the Sailors Tailor. They advertise in Scots&Water. In the summer my boat is at the boatyard of a nearby yacht club, parked close to their boat ramp, with the mast up; in the winter she lives in my own yard, with the mast down, which supports the cover and creates a nicely sloped “roof”. Enough tiedowns to be quite secure. I am on my 2nd cover — I got about 15 years out of the first one. Thus, quite economical. Hope this helps!
-
AuthorPosts